Saturday, August 26, 2006

some time alone...

ahhh...the feeling of being done another summer job. Well...i must admit that driving for 8 hours everyday did feel better than working in a factory and being severely burned like i did last summer...but, i guess the crazy kathy inside me couldn't handle being "out of work"...so I headed my butt right over to starbucks and applied there. Ha ha...oooohhhh, starbucks.
What is it about that place that makes me so addicted?? Honestly, I think if I added up how much i've spent there in the past, say, 5 months...it'd probably total over a few hundred dollars. Shoot, eh? Could have done way better things with that money...like feed a small country...but I chose to spend it on coffee.
There is something wrong with that. I often say that starbucks is going to take over the world...along with walmart...and I'm only helping that happen.
My mind is weird. But I have enjoyed my time at the place with that haunting little green sign. For some reason it's my favorite place to sit down and journal...or read. If you don't get out on your own for coffee...get into the habit of doing it. It's seriously some of the best time you'll ever spend. I never used to do it...but now I can't not.
This is a bit of a random entry. Maybe deep inside of me I just feel the need to tell people that it's ok to go spend some time alone. I'm on this (endless) road right now of figuring out who I am...and for some reason it takes removing myself from familiar surroundings and the people that I know in order to reflect on what is going on in my life. You should try it...and maybe you already do...
plus, i think people who sit and read by themselves in coffee shops are really cool...ha ha. Maybe that's my true underlying motive.
Man...I'm such a nerd.

3 Comments:

Blogger Janell said...

Leens!
i had a similar experience today, however it doesn't involve starbucks... i had a timmy's instead. (i suppose thats the menno in me) anyways, I went camping with a bunch of friends this weekend, but ended up driving home alone (3 hours) because i needed to get home earlier. anyways, i ended up absolutely loving the time i had to just drive the "open road" alone, sipping on my coffee, singing at the top of my lungs, and having some good talks with God. i should try the coffee shop thing though, however,i'm afraid i would look more nerdy than cool. anyways, we should talk sometime! love you,
janell

4:34 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

I cannot tell you enough how pumped i was too see you in S'toon Leens! Even if it was only for an hour! And i must admit that i was hoping to do just some "Leens & Bons" catchup time...just the two of us. But hopefully we'll get to do that soon!
Welp...keep in touch girl....drop me a blog line when you have a minute!
Love ya lots,
-Bons-

8:59 PM  
Blogger Trev and Rebekah said...

Time alone is good. I do think of you and wonder how you are doing. Keep figuring out who you are...it never stops really. Every year we learn and grow.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home