Tuesday, September 05, 2006

i don't know what to title this entry...

banff is such a great place if you feel like being bombarded by tourists, eating good food and drinking good beer at the pubs, shopping in stores that are way overpriced, and of course... eating fudge. that is my friend jolene (and me) sitting in the classic spot overlooking the bow river at the banff springs hotel...and below would be a picture of yours truly immitating some interesting tourists who, sporting not one, but two peace signs, thought it would be fun to take a picture infront of the oh-so-picturesque store-front backdrop of banff...much to my and jolene's confusion(ha ha). Jolene came out from winnipeg for the weekend and we had a blast (i miss you, crazy girl!)...and i spent way too much money shopping for things i didn't need. oh well...
speaking of spending too much money...let me tell you a little story. So...this morning, after dropping Jolene off at the airport at the unearthly hour of five o'clock am...i found myself at the university doing what every university student is probably thinking about doing right now...buying textbooks. And let me tell you that I was only purchasing books for three courses...THREE COURSES...and the total sum?? $550. Yep...for i think five textbooks. So...I whipped out my little debit card and felt the hit in the bank account...and then waddled my way back to my car with all my bags...only to find a little white slip of paper folded nicely underneath my right windshield wiper telling me that I owed $40 to the parking authorities for parking too close to a fire hydrant. I was ticked...but I paid it. And now I'm officially poor...and i haven't even paid for tuition yet.
ha ha...the life of a student. sometimes i actually want to shoot myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

Oh Leensy...you are just too much for words! I have to say that i was DELIGHTED to see that you had blogged and i absolutely loved your post...and the hot tourist picture! Miss you girl...don't be a stranger...let me know how things are going...either email, phone or just leave me a little "el-commentito!" Love ya!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

Hey buddy...

Oh so similar situation with the textbooks (sans the parking ticket). Pushing $600 with one more to go. To make it worse, the VISA wouldn't work at the bookstore - perhaps maxed out by heinous tuition? Who are we kidding...I know full well we're both pumped to own more books. We should catch up soon.
-Sabs

3:00 PM  
Blogger Janell said...

Leens!
well, I have to say we must chat soon, I feel as though so much has changed..i suppose it has! anyways, way to spend all that money on books- hey its not a waste- education is a good thing! love you, miss you..im in north!
nelly

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home