Sunday, April 29, 2007

10 days from now...



It is sunday night...and although it might seem just like any other sunday night of the year...it was a little different for me. I went to church, came home and went out for supper with Jack. Usual things for an end of the weekend evening...except for one.
I didn't study tonight.
And I don't have to go to school tomorrow...because school is finally done!
I officially finished my last exam on thursday morning...physics. Had to go out with a bang I guess.


Anyways, now I have 10 days to ready myself for a summer away from home. I can't believe how fast this whole trip has approached...I leave so soon and I feel like there is so much to do!

I guess with school and studying and work and all the other stuff that I busy my life with I hadn't given much thought to the whole fact that I actually am going away for three months. Three months. In a foreign country. A country where the language spoken is one which I hardly understand.

You know, you make plans to do things like this and the ball gets rolling and things are put in motion but it doesn't really hit you until it's time to go...and then you start thinking to yourself...what the heck did I get myself into?

I am excited to go. Honestly...I'm actually really pumped. I'm just torn because I don't want to miss a whole summer away from all the people I care about...but I also don't want to miss an opportunity to be challenged in a way that I know is going to be so phenomenal.

Anyways, I'm ranting...and I should go to bed. But if you think of me in the next few months...whoever reads this rambling blog...could you pray for me? I've only really ever had one other time in my life where I felt completely alone...and that was last year when I moved from Rosenort to Winnipeg. Those three months were the closest I've ever been with Jesus... and I guess, as I enter into three months that will probably look a lot similar, I'm praying that the same thing might happen.


(p.s. -- these are just some random pics of some really great people...Tannis and Shannon up top there with me (Jack's sisters)... and there's me and Jackson... posing really nice for the camera... as usual.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Wow Kathleen - you're going to have an amazing summer! I will definitely keep you in my prayers and you'd better keep us posted with blog entries and lots of pictures :)

4:23 PM  
Blogger patti said...

hi kathleen.
i've noticed shannon in a few of your pictures. i lost all contact with her since about a year ago. do you know how i can reach her?
email me her info if you can.
patsypie7@hotmail.com

thanks

3:28 PM  
Blogger Aaron & Tanya said...

Hey There
You are going to have a great summer. I do share the same feelings as you about the whole ball rolling and you think it is going to be great. Well we are moving, and it will be very different than just living my ourselves, and totally change of life, and that is happening in just over a week. So that part is scary, but prayers are with you and please have them with me if you remember! Thanks love ya
Tanya

6:01 PM  
Blogger betty said...

dude..i dont' know where you are...and just like your mother...I NEED to! Give me an update once you can! or just a post..that would suffice...with beautiful pictures of you in rome! ah!!!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home