Thursday, November 30, 2006

My Beteeny.


Last sunday evening, Beteens and I went to her staff Christmas party. I have always loved getting dressed up in fancy dresses and doing my hair nice... Almost every year I've had a reason to do so, and this year I was a little bit dissapointed that maybe the opportunity to do so wouldn't present itself...but then Bets invited me to go along with her to her party...Have I mentioned that I love her?

ha ha...actually, that reminds me...I haven't...not on my blog, anyway. And to tell you the truth I probably don't do it enough in life either.

Beteens has been exactly what I have needed in the past 7 months that we have lived together.

Sure, we fight and annoy the heck out of each other... and to tell you the truth, it's pretty funny when our little squabbles happen... because I think we're both pretty stubborn people. But she has taught me so much about myself, and has helped the real me come back out of the shell that I lived in for so long.

Betty is beautiful. Not just in appearance, but in her soul. I have never onced doubted that Betty loves me...or that she would give anything for me. Why? Because when I cry, Betty cries. When I laugh, Betty laughs. When I sing...Betty says "sing louder". When I get mad, Betty lets me vent. When I'm excited, Betty gets pretty dang excited too.

When I feel like my life is school, Betty will come into my room and say, "Kathleen, you are actually the smartest person I know". When I feel rediculously unattractive, Betty will say, "Kathleen do you even understand how beautiful you are?" When I feel like dancing and doing actions to John Mayer in our hallway (which happens frequently), she'll stand there and laugh, saying "Work it..." When I feel tired and weak, and like I have absolutely no more energy left inside me, she will climb up the ladder to my bed, stroke my hair and pray with me...and sometimes she'll even sing me to sleep.


Betty is beautiful. She has this incredible heart for Jesus and for others that I have seen in only a few of the people I have ever known. When she sings, I smile...because her voice is phenomenal, and she doesn't hold back.
She is such an encourager...and that is something that I suck at. She is such a listener...also something I don't do to well at. And I know she prays for me because that is the type of person she is...when she loves someone...she lifts them up to Jesus.


Betty, I know I don't tell you enough...but I love you, and I love living with you. I'll be sad when we don't live together anymore, but I hope you know that you'll be welcome to come to my house and sing, and run up and down the hallways in your crazy-like manner. You are a phenomenal woman, and I have so much respect for you. Thank you for being my friend.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sabrina said...

What beautiful women. Sorry I missed your call Leens. I'll get back to you on the weekend...love you tons.

Sabs

8:01 PM  
Blogger Trev and Rebekah said...

You two look so beautiful. I am so glad that God brought the two of you together. It's amazing how we have friends to sharpen us and walk with us. I sure do miss having some of those friends so close by.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Judy Hamm said...

You both look so pretty for your big night out! I'm so glad that you and Betty are roomies! You are both an inspiration to me! Give her a great big Judy-Hug, ok. And a really tight one for you too, my hunny-bunny! x0x0x

8:08 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

HOT STUFF...all I got to say! Dang hot you two are!
Say hi to Betty for me! I miss her voice just reading your post!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Janell said...

Wow, i agree with Dayna, i almost started to tear up there. i could picture you both doing those things and i wish i could see you both more often. miss you hun!
Janell

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home