Wednesday, November 22, 2006

One year later...

Can you believe the year is almost over?
One month till we all make those new years resolutions that so many of us do so well at keeping (jokes)...one month until christmas will be pretty much over and january will begin...one month till the hectic new year comes crashing through the door and all we can do is stare at it in the face hoping that God will give us the most strength possible to deal with what might come.
November 19th marked a pretty significant day for me. It made me wonder what next year will bring. You see, now I'm baffled about life, because once you think something is going to happen and it doesn't, you wonder what will ever happen in life, and if the measly little idea you have about your life is even remotely close to the broad, yet incredibly specific, picture that God has.
But you know, sometimes (and by sometimes, I mean a lot of times) I worry when I wonder. I don't know why I do...I think because maybe that's me trying to take control and I can't do it...so I get scared.
So, I've decided to enjoy this Christmas by not pondering what next year will bring. Obviously I have no clear idea... so why waste my time thinking about it, right?
I think instead, I'm going to sit by my christmas tree... and reflect on what has happened in my life during this past year. And rather than worrying about how I'm going to deal with everything in the year to come (because I'm slowly beginning to realize that I don't have to), I will use my time to think about how unbelievably supportive and loving my family, my friends, and, most importantly, Jesus has been through it all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Judy Hamm said...

Hi Honey: Your tree looks gorgeous--amazing what $39.99 can buy in Canada! You did a wonderful job of decorating! Of course, I love hearing 'your heart'. I'm praying that you can just relax and enjoy the season and not focus on what would've, could've, should've been. Jesus is still in control! Have another eggnog latte on me. Love you tons, my princess. Mama x0x0x

8:22 PM  
Blogger Trev and Rebekah said...

Yeah, it's hard to believe it's been a year. You have been through a lot and through it all God has carried you. I hope that you have seem him at work throughout the year.

2:17 PM  
Blogger kathleen said...

Dayna,
oh how i miss you! And when Jon was talking with you the other night I wished you were with us decorating his tree. He misses you so much too, I can tell.
I truly can't wait to see you at Christmas...

3:26 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Well my beautiful, beautiful Leensie!? I miss you. A lot. And your tree is unbelievable! I think I'll put ours up today. (I have the day off work). And here's the thing. I like the game of tag but i was wondering if it would be at all possible, if you and I, could stop playing it, on the phone!? I missed your call again! Arrgghhhh.....but we just got back from a week in sunny Palm Springs last night (wed, nov 29). So anyway...i'll try to call SOON!
I LOVE YA!!!!!!!!!!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home