Tuesday, December 19, 2006

only two more sleeps.

So, here I am, possibly on one of my last study breaks of this year of school...2006, that is. I've got myself a bowl of the best studying food ever...Annie's macaroni...and I'm doing what I do a lot lately...ponder at just how insanely crammed full of information my brain actually is, and exactly how incredibly excited I am that in 27.5 hours, I will not only be finished exams, but will be getting my sore little feet and ravaged little hands prepared for a holiday with my sister Carmen...and, aside from what else we might end up doing...will be enjoying my last sleep in this frost infected country of Canada.
After another long (well, actually incredibly short) 4.5 months, my entire family will be together again...and I am so pumped. Living out on my own for what really has felt like the first time in my life has been quite the experience, and I'm glad to have Betty with me. I find myself longing, however, for times when I was back in high school...Carmen and I were talking yesterday just about how excited it will be to hear "dinner is ready"...or to actually wake up to my parents already downstairs...to play games all together, or to drink coffee and baileys around the Christmas tree while my dad reads a book, and mom meddles around the house to music...or for experiencing the care that you really don't get when your parents live half way around the world. I miss them terribly. And I know that with them gone I have been forced to grow up in a way that I don't think I would have with them here. I have learned so much more of who I am, and what I need to change in my life...and I am thankful.
But I am more than ecstatic to walk through that gate on Friday night and see them there...see my dad half crying and my mom smiling as usual.
Only two exams left.
Love.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

Well Leensie...I was sure hoping to get our talk in before you left for Oman, but I guess that's not going to happen :) Have a really awesome trip girl! You deserve to have the best Christmas and I am soooo excited that you get to spend it with your whole family. This is the first year that we won't be together as a family (Craig & Jen can't make it out west) and I am actually really choked about it! Family is a wonderful thing!!
So have a blast, I am SO proud of you for making through another semester of school, and please say a big hello to your family for me! Talk to you soon sweetums! Miss you! Merry Christmas!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home